Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lent

So tomorrow starts lent. Over the past couple of weeks I have been thinking about what I was going to give up. I believe that if you are going to give up something it should be something that is going to be hard for you and its not just to make you healthier. Same thing goes for if you are going to do something extra. I don't think saying that for lent I am going to go to the gym every day is really a sacrifice... I mean I know I should be going to the gym every day. So I have done lots of thinking...

I thought about chocolate ( I love chocolate all kinds) but I haven't been eating a lot of it lately so not really a sacrifice. I thought about other junk food, but again I don't eat enough of it to really say I should give it up. Then I thought about if there was something extra I could do every day. I couldn't think of anything creative to do there. So I thought some more what is something that I eat or drink everyday that would be hard for me to give up for lent. I thought.... and I thought some more... Diet Coke. I drink a lot of Diet Coke. Its my source of caffeine. I love it- the way it tastes, the bubbles, the sound the can makes when you open it up - everything I love everything about it. So I thought again there had to be something else that I had every day that I could give up. I found nothing. So with much hesitation I am giving up Diet Coke for lent. So as I sit here and write this I am drinking my last Diet Coke for the next 40 days. 

So I ask you all to pray for me that I make it through the next 40 days without any Diet Coke. This is going to be hard!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I will pray for you! I too am addicted to Diet Coke! It is my favorite thing to drink! I'll be honest, I gave up chocolate for Lent only because that was going to be easier that Diet Coke! (and wiith a new baby I figure taking away my only source of caffeine with just be torture for everyone else:) Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete