Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Embarrassed!

So imagine this if you will...

Its about 2:30 in the afternoon and they are calling the buses at the end of the school day when all of a sudden you hear, "Attention staff there is a silver honda civic license plate number XXX-XXX with a flat tire. You might want to go out and take care of that." 

Guess whose car it was? Go ahead I will give you one guess.... Ohhh thats right it was my car!!! Fabulous. Believe it or not I don't  know how to change a tire. I can pump my own gas and jump a car - both of which I learned in college. But change a tire that I can't do. And of course the ladies in my classroom don't know either. So what am I to do? I could call AAA but then I would never get home. AAA takes too long sometimes. So I guess that means that I have to find a guy at school who can change a tire. And I have to ask him to help me. Now I went to an all girl, catholic high school and I was taught to be an independent woman. So when I have to ask a guy to help me with something I should be able to do - I feel like a moron!! LOL So along with a friend of mine we found not 1 - not 2 - but 3 - YES 3 guys to change my tire. They were able to do it in about 5 minutes. They were really great about the whole thing too. They didn't make any comments about not being able to change my own tire... which is great of them. :-)

But let me tell you it was rather embarrassing to have to ask some guys at work to change your tire... so now I am determined to learn how to change a tire!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment