Sunday, August 21, 2011

One of my favorite things...

This is the post that I wrote for Mandy's blog... enjoy!

When Mandy asked if anyone would be willing to write a post for her blog while she was on vacation, I decided it would be something fun to do. I thought for awhile I could write about. I don't have kids, I'm not married, and I am single. So that rules out writing about kids, husbands or boyfriends. I thought about telling you stories about some of the crazy men I have gone out with, but I think they would be better if you knew more about me.

So I thought some more about what I could write about. I finally came up with the PERFECT topic. I decided to talk about one of my favorite things in the world. Something I could never live without. Something that I could never live without. Something that I turn to no matter what mood I am in. Something that makes me SO HAPPY.

Chocolate.

I love chocolate. I love the way it smells when you open the wrapper. I love the way it melts in your mouth when you take a bite out of it. I love how when I am in a bad mood I can get a piece of chocolate and for the couple of minutes it takes me to eat the chocolate, everything is ok.

There is one thing that I don't like about chocolate. I don't like that when I eat the chocolate, I know that it is going to go directly to my stomach. But I forgive the chocolate for what it does to me. I think the pros out way the cons.

This weekend I went to heaven. I went to Hershey Park. The world of chocolate. I have to admit the park itself wasn't all that exciting. The lines were long and took forever to move. It was fun to walk around and see all the park has to offer, but I didn't enjoy the long lines. But Hershey's Chocolate World was fabulous!

There I got to create my own chocolate bar. If you were wondering, mine was milk chocolate with raspberry, cookie dough and chocolate chips in it. Oh and sprinkles on top! We took a tour of how Hershey's make their chocolate. I didn't realize how much work it was to make chocolate bars! And then we went to the "store". They had clothing, candles (that smelt like chocolate), chap stick (that also smelt like different candies), magnets and much more. Then w moved on to the chocolate section. There you could buy any candy that Hershey makes. The had HUGE boxes of chocolate!! They even had a 5 pound bar of chocolate. It took all that I had to not buy it. But I did buy a 1 pound bar of chocolate. How could I not - it was only $5!! It was a deal!

I did eat a lot of chocolate that day. But I felt as if I had too. I was in Hershey PA after all!! For me, Hershey could be the happiest place on earth! Well it might be a tie with the shoe department... but that is another blog for another day.

I found this quote on reasons to eat chocolate and thought I would share it. Incase you needed more reasons why it is TOTALLY ok to eat chocolate whenever you want.

Reasons to Eat Chocolate

Behind every successful woman is a substantial amount of chocolate. If it's not chocolate, it's not breakfast. The calories of chocolate are reduced to zero if NO one sees you eat it. Chocolate can't solve all your problems, but it sure makes you feel better about them. The taste of rice cakes significantly improves when dipped in rich, dark, chocolate. Forget about love... it's a lot more fun to fall in chocolate. Friends are the chocolate chips of life. No one's last words were ever "I'd wish I'd eaten less CHOCOLATE". And now they say chocolate is good for us. So there you go... it's a green light, a legitimate excuse from God to eat all the chocolate you want.
-- Suzy Toronto

No comments:

Post a Comment