Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Plan B

Life is All About How You Handle Plan B.

Plan A is always my first choice. You know, the one where everything works out to be happily ever-after. But more often than not, I find myself dealing with the upside - down, inside - out version, where nothing goes as it should. It's at this point that the real test of my character comes in... do I sink, or do I swim? Do I wallow in self-pity and play the victim or simply shift gears and make the best of the situation? The choice is all mine... life is all about how you handle Plan B.

I am sure this happens to everyone. You plan your life out, and that is the way you think it is all going to work out. I was going to go to college, meet the guy of my dreams, we were going to have an amazing relationship. After college I was going to get a great teaching job, and I was going to marry my boyfriend from college. Then a couple of years later we would start our wonderful family. No doubt that by the time I was going to be 29 I would have already had 2-3 kids.

That was Plan A.

I went to college (check). I did not meet the guy of my dreams. I did make some of the most amazing friends in the world. But I didn't meet the man I was going to marry. When I graduated college I wasn't sure that teaching was for me. So I got a corporate world job. I HATED THE JOB!! It has taken me a while to find a job that I love, but I did. I am going to be 29 in December, and I am still single, and obviously no kids.

I am on to Plan B, C, D and E.

Don't get me wrong, I love my life. I am enjoying myself immensely! I have wonderful friends that help me get through everything, and a very supportive family. Its just not where I thought I would be. I am sure I will meet the man of my dreams at some point, and it will have been worth the wait!

So for now I will just stick with Plan B, C, D, E, F, G....

No comments:

Post a Comment