Friday, September 2, 2011

Quotes

So you will come to learn that I love quotes. There is possibly a quote out there for anything that I am going through, that explains what I am feeling or thinking a hundred times better then I can say it.

Here is the quote that has me thinking today, it's from Sex and the City...

"Are we simply romantically challenged, or are we sluts?"

When I heard this one I laughed out loud. I really think that this describes me right now. OK before I continue I don't want you to think that I am slut hahahaha. I'm not!! I don't go around sleeping with all these different guys - but I am having fun. LOL

I sat there and thought about this. I have met some really nice guys lately that are relationship worthy. But for some reason, I can't get myself to the point where I could see myself in a relationship with the guy. And they are really great guys, good looking, sweet, funny, easy to talk to - you know all the things a gal looks for in a guy. But I hear the word relationship and I back off. Why is that? All I have ever wanted was to meet a great guy, fall in love, get married, have a family and grow old together. Now that I have these opportunities and meeting these great guys, I can't get myself to open up to the whole relationship thing.

Is it because I really don't want to be in a relationship? Is it because I am afraid of putting myself out there to only get hurt? Is it because I am too picky? Is it because I am afraid that, it means I am old? Is it because I know that these guys aren't for me and I don't want to be in a relationship, just to be in one? I have no idea! I can't seem to figure it out. But I do know that I need to figure out my problem soon.

Maybe I am just romantically challenged...

Maybe I am having way to much fun doing my own thing right now. Maybe I like being able to flirt with guys and not have to worry about what my significant other thinks. Maybe I don't want to waste time with people that I feel aren't for me. Maybe I don't want to go through the whole dating thing just to find out - this guy is the person I thought he was when I met him. Maybe I am just having too much fun in my life right now. I don't know.

Maybe, I am a slut...

No comments:

Post a Comment